Photo Video West
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOCAL SAN DIEGO FILMMAKERS SPOTLIGHT AT PHOTO VIDEO WEST
A Screening of Film Shorts Produced by Members of the San Diego Filmmakers To Be Featured at Photo Video West
SAN DIEGO (March 26, 2013) –
Photo Video West, the West Coast's largest educational photo and video show taking place April 27-28, 2013 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, is pleased to announce that the San Diego Filmmakers will take the spotlight at the event, showcasing local filmmakers' works on both Saturday and Sunday, said Ken Loyst, co-producer of Photo Video West.
"Videographers and filmmakers have yet another reason to attend Photo Video West with the screening of these film shorts created by local artists," added Loyst. "In addition to all of the great films on display, Photo Video West is a great place to shop for deals on video cameras, equipment and editing software, and learn from the pros by attending six different seminars in the event's Video Theater."
The San Diego Filmmakers will screen members' short films with a San Diego connection in Photo Video West's Video Corner. The following are among the list of short films to be screened at Photo Video West:
• "VentureTown, USA" produced by Western Front Pictures
• "Sudden Death!" produced by Melanie Hall & A. Nick Hall
• "A Year in the Desert: Anza-Borrego" produced by Chris Pyle & Nicholas Clapp
• "Gone" produced by Aaron Matthew Kaiser
• "Heiress Lethal" produced by Amalgamated Gromets
• "Tristan & Isolde - A Polyphony" produced by Ana Nita
• "Soldier's Duty" produced by Maimone, Allman & Boling
• "Freedom Project" produced by Rock Films
• "The Butcher Fairy" produced by Brent Bokovoy
• "Monster In My Swimming Pool" produced by Brent Bokovoy
• "Goofyfoot" produced by Chris Cashman & Tommy Brown
• "Revelations" produced by Chris Cashman & Tommy Brown
• "Exist" produced by Annie Willett Thomas
• "Concept Trailer = Sign of the Dragon" produced by Eugene Scott Productions, Inc.
• "ShayVision - The Life and Artwork of Shay Davis" produced by Essentials Productions
• "Royal Flush" produced by Essentials Productions
Photo Video West serves as a forum for professional photographer and videographers to see the best brands, source for deals on equipment and gain valuable education from some of the best-known names in the industry. The two-day event also puts a greater emphasis on videography, offering educational seminars and how-to instruction on various video topics. The Video Theater sponsored by Video Gear features six seminars on topics ranging from an introduction to the world of camera movement, to a crash course in HDSLR video and its techniques. For a complete schedule of seminars, visit www.photovideowest.com/schedule-tickets.html.
San Diego Filmmakers (SDF) is a community, platform and resource through which local filmmakers can share insight, engage in meaningful dialogue about critical issues and form lasting connections.
Advance tickets for Photo Video West are $20 for a weekend pass and $12 for single day admission. For more information on Photo Video West and to purchase tickets, visit www.photovideowest.com.
PHOTO VIDEO WEST
Photo Video West is recognized as the "go-to" event for photography enthusiasts on the West Coast. Held April 27-28, 2013, the weekend-long conference and expo offers valuable education, shared interests with fellow attendees, and the best deals for buying and selling photography equipment. Whether an amateur interested in improving family portraits or an advanced professional interested in meeting top experts in the field, Photo Video West is not to be missed by those who share in the joy of being behind the lens. Visit www.photovideowest.com or call 619-312-1212 for more information.